The ‘Safe Transportation Practice Guide’ has been updated with further clarification on when a device is and is not a regulated restrictive practice when transporting people with disability.
The purpose of this guide is to:
- promote the rights and inherent dignity of people with disability,
- assist in identifying the use of regulated restrictive practice when transporting people with disability,
- highlight the special considerations and safeguards relevant to the use of transportation for people with disability,
- provide practice advice consistent with a positive behaviour support framework, contemporary evidence informed practice and the intent to reduce and eliminate the use of restrictive practices, and
- assist registered NDIS providers and NDIS behaviour support practitioners to meet their obligations under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 (NDIS Act 2013) and relevant Rules.