From 1 July 2019, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission started managing quality and safeguards in Tasmania.
Tasmanian State Director
Andrew Cameron is Tasmania’s Acting State Director. Andrew comes from a strong background in acute mental health nursing and brings with him a wealth of clinical knowledge and leadership experience. Andrew has a passion for education, a drive to reduce the use of restrictive practices, and to improve the quality of life for individuals. Andrew initially joined the NDIS commission in January 2020 as lead of the behaviour support function in Tasmania.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have issued a number of alerts to registered NDIS providers across Australia.
We have also issued the following alerts only to providers in Tasmania:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccines: New requirements relating to vaccination of some disability workers in Tasmania (08 November 2021)
- Preparedness and response plan for Tasmanian providers
Past provider information sessions
In April and June 2019, the NDIS Commission held introductory information sessions in Tasmania.
- NDIS Commission Information Letter to Existing Providers VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 12 June 2019
- NDIS Commission Information Letter VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 12 June 2019
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 8 May 2019
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter to Existing Providers VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 8 May 2019
Links for Tasmania
Telephone: 1800 001 170